For almost three decades the Bronx Conservatory of Music has been providing world-class music instruction to youth of the Bronx community, striving to enrich students' lives through the power and promise that music offers. BCM's primary mission is to provide equal opportunities for access to high level music education by hiring outstanding, conservatory-trained teachers and keeping tuition as low as possible.
- We reached a record enrollment of 180 students, a 300% increase in enrollment from 2015.
- We enhanced our partnership with the Bronx Community College, which now allows BCM to host recitals in the Gould Memorial Library Auditorium and provides greater use of the facilities in Guggenheim hall.
- We expanded our faculty to meet demands from the community for more private lessons.
- We restructured the curriculum of our music theory and choir classes, all included in tuition.
- We created our first ever instrument library thanks to a generous donation from WQXR's Instrument Drive, allowing us to loan instruments to students to make music lessons more accessible.
Our dedicated faculty and staff have a clear vision for the role of music education and performance in the Bronx Community. During the ongoing pandemic, they continue to inspire their students through online distance instruction. The Bronx Conservatory of Music is grateful to have you as a partner in fulfilling our mission to the community.