For 28 years, the Bronx Conservatory of Music has been providing world-class music instruction to the Bronx community, striving to enrich students' lives through the power and promise that music offers. BCM works diligently to provide exposure to the Arts for all members of the Bronx Community, aiming to provide equal opportunities for access to high level music education.
Highlights from 2018:
- We reached a record enrollment of 180 students, a 300% increase in enrollment from 2015.
- We enhanced our partnership with the Bronx Community College, which now allows BCM to host recitals in the Gould Memorial Library Auditorium and provides greater use of the facilities in Guggenheim hall.
- We expanded our faculty to meet demands from the community for more private lessons.
- We restructured the curriculum and class schedules of our free music theory and percussion classes, allowing for greater enrollment and improved course content.
- We created our first ever instrument library thanks to a generous donation from WQXR's Instrument Drive, allowing us to loan instruments to students to make music lessons more accessible.
Our dedicated faculty and staff have a clear vision for the role of music education and performance in the Bronx Community. 2019 is looking to become our most successful year, but we cannot do it without your support. The Bronx Conservatory of Music is grateful to have you as a partner in fulfilling our mission to the community.